10 replies to this topic

#1 Son Vida

Son Vida

Flag Member

• Flag Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1914 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

At last the weather forecast we have been waiting for and a great excuse to upgrade St Patrick's Day into St Patrick's weekend ;)

We couldn't get to SV on Friday as usual having spent the day in work re-organising work schedules so that we could take Monday off.

Saturday was cleaning day so we headed off on Sunday morning to return Tuesday afternoon - St Patrick's Day.

Heading South:

Ireland's Eye:
Posted Image

Greystones - new marina under construction:
Posted Image

Wicklow Head ahead - we were heading for wind over ebb tide coming out of Wicklow so the plan was to keep in close "under the lighthouse":
Posted Image

Under the lighthouse - nice and flat:
Posted Image

Not so flat out at Horseshoe Buoy:
Posted Image

or at Mizen Head:
Posted Image

Arklow:
Posted Image

Where to berth :D
Posted Image

Monday clients arrived for a spin down to Cahore to see the new windfarm. A few images only (client confidentiality;) ):

Granuaile heading up to Arklow:
Posted Image

Oceanfroggie on the beach?:D
Posted Image

Return to the changing face of Arklow. The North Quay before the Marina:
Posted Image

and the new apartments, shopping centre and cinemas beyond the Marina along with new road surface and signs etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Heading North (St Patrick's Day):

Mizen Head ahead - what a difference without wind:
Posted Image

Even if it was a bit cold for MrsSV on the flybridge at 25knots:
Posted Image

alright alright, I was a bit cold too:
Posted Image

Wicklow Head:
Posted Image

Wicklow:
Posted Image

The DART at Bray Head:
Posted Image

St patrick's day fun on Bray Prom:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The wind was getting up from te South now so we headed into Dublin Bay to find a sheltered anchorage near Sandycove. It wasn't to be and the bay was starting to get a bit lumpy:
Posted Image

so we headed for home: Arrived at Malahide Estuary @ 15:15hrs. Just needed to squeeze past the small yacht under sail. the wind was getting up from the south (port side in pic) which meant time to drop the camera and concentrate:
Posted Image

Jeez the wind saw me drift the last 200yds - out of gear @ 3.6knots on GPS.
Anyway, I lined her up perfectly and let the wind do the trick with a quick throw into astern to stop me running into Barney who was on the stern of his yacht watching me bear down on him.

Of course, after we secured the lines, the wind eased:
Posted Image

Hopefully this is the first cruise blog of many in 2009.
Keep your sunny side up :D

#2 Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck

Flag Member

• Moderators
  • 4182 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

nice one did you get as far as mizen head ???
Quack

Daffy Duck

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Posted Image

#3 Son Vida

Son Vida

Flag Member

• Flag Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1914 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Sure did but not the one you are thinking of :D

This one is just North of Arklow Bay ;)
Keep your sunny side up :D

#4 Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck

Flag Member

• Moderators
  • 4182 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Sure did but not the one you are thinking of :D

This one is just North of Arklow Bay ;)

didnt know there was more then one :rolf
Quack

Daffy Duck

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Posted Image

#5 Microheavy

Microheavy

Flag Member

• Flag Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Brilliant !

I'm boatless just over 24 hours now and I'm already beginning to freak out.

Please, Please let us have a good summer and please, please let all those good deals that everyone keeps telling me about actually exist !!!

Thanks for sharing Mick.

#6 alt

alt

Lough Corrib Looney!

• Commercial Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5210 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

GRRRR!

I spend the weekend labouring by doing some landscaping on the river creating a picnic area for people

Spending the next few weeks revising for exams and completing my thesis :( :( Oh someone please tell me it'll all be worth it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users